AGP against use of EVM in Assam assembly poll
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad
(AGP) on Sunday said it was against the use of EVMs in the
assembly polls next month as these could be tampered with.
"We had complained to the chief election commissioner
during his visit here that the EVMs could be tampered by
the ruling party (Congress)," AGP President Chandra Mohan
Patowary told reporters here.
"In the past we have seen that EVMs are not a
fool-proof measure for free and fair election and so we have
urged the EC to resort to the old method of ballot boxes ...
Even developed countries as the USA, Germany and France are
still using ballot boxes, so why not in our country ?" he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends