AGP-BPPF seat-sharing for BTC poll
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP)
on Tuesday announced seat-sharing with Bodo Peoples Progressive
Front (BPPF)for the ensuing Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC)
AGP general secretary Durga Das Boro said under the
agreement the party will put up 9 candidates and leave the
rest to BPPF for the 40-member BTC going to the hustings on
The seat-sharing as in the previous poll was to defeat
the `corrupt and fascist` Hangrama Mohilary-led Bodoland
Peoples Front (BPF) presently ruling the council, Boro said.
Accusing the Congress of supporting the `corrupt regime`,
he said separate memoranda have been sent to Governor
J B Patnaik and state election commission fearing large scale
violence and rigging by the ruling party.
"As the Congress has an alliance with BPF with three
ministers of that party in the state cabinet, chief minister
Tarun Gogoi can be said to provide his tacit support to
Mohilary for his corrupt deeds," Boro alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Robert Vadra explains Facebook post, denies insulting Parliament
- Exclusive interview with Usman Majid, MLA, J&K Congress
- 14-year-old pregnant rape survivor allowed abortion by Supreme Court
- Why did you choose Smriti Irani as HRD minister? Congress leader asks PM Narendra Modi
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!