AGP-BPPF seat-sharing for BTC poll
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP)
on Tuesday announced seat-sharing with Bodo Peoples Progressive
Front (BPPF)for the ensuing Bodoland Territorial Council (BTC)
AGP general secretary Durga Das Boro said under the
agreement the party will put up 9 candidates and leave the
rest to BPPF for the 40-member BTC going to the hustings on
The seat-sharing as in the previous poll was to defeat
the `corrupt and fascist` Hangrama Mohilary-led Bodoland
Peoples Front (BPF) presently ruling the council, Boro said.
Accusing the Congress of supporting the `corrupt regime`,
he said separate memoranda have been sent to Governor
J B Patnaik and state election commission fearing large scale
violence and rigging by the ruling party.
"As the Congress has an alliance with BPF with three
ministers of that party in the state cabinet, chief minister
Tarun Gogoi can be said to provide his tacit support to
Mohilary for his corrupt deeds," Boro alleged.
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why
- Kangana Ranaut's deposition after lot of delay, drama, says Hrithik Roshan's legal team
- WATCH: Ugly spat between Harbhajan Singh, Ambati Rayudu during Mumbai Indians vs Rising Pune Supergiants match