AGP demands CBI probe into `Rs 10,000 cr PDS scam`
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad
on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into allegations of Rs 10,000 crore
scandal in the Public Distribution System in Assam.
Essential commodities like rice, sugar and wheat under
the PDS system were being sold in the open market and Chief
Minister Tarun Gogoi and the supply minister were directly
responsible for such a scandal, AGP President Chandra Mohan
Patowary told a press conference here.
The AGP leader said it was a corruption involving the
highest level of administration and hence has to be thoroughly
and appropriately investigated.
Patowary said when former Arunachal Pradesh Chief
Minister Gegong Apang could be arrested for his alleged
involvement in PDS scam, "Why similar action cannot be taken
in the case of Assam."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Watch Video - World's highest glass-bottom bridge opens in China 600 feet above a canyon!
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony