AGP demands CBI probe into `Rs 10,000 cr PDS scam`
Guwahati: Opposition Asom Gana Parishad
on Tuesday demanded a CBI probe into allegations of Rs 10,000 crore
scandal in the Public Distribution System in Assam.
Essential commodities like rice, sugar and wheat under
the PDS system were being sold in the open market and Chief
Minister Tarun Gogoi and the supply minister were directly
responsible for such a scandal, AGP President Chandra Mohan
Patowary told a press conference here.
The AGP leader said it was a corruption involving the
highest level of administration and hence has to be thoroughly
and appropriately investigated.
Patowary said when former Arunachal Pradesh Chief
Minister Gegong Apang could be arrested for his alleged
involvement in PDS scam, "Why similar action cannot be taken
in the case of Assam."
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed