AGP to observe Black Day on Wednesday
Guwahati: Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) will
observe `Black Day` across Assam on Wednesday to coincide with the
swearing-in of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi at the Raj Bhavan
here for the third consecutive term, AGP general secretary
Hitendra Nath Goswami said here.
AGP, which received a drubbing in the assembly polls,
has also decided to approach the court against alleged
tampering of EVM by the Congress he said after the meeting of
the AGP steering committee here.
"We have evidence that Congress had tampered with EVMs
which explains the reason for its unexpected success of
winning as many as 78 seats in the poll.
"We are consulting lawyers and analysing all legal
aspects which will help us to approach the court against the
attempts to rig the poll by tampering with the EVMs", he said.
A meeting has been also convened to discuss the
reasons for the unprecented debacle of the opposition, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days