AGP to observe Black Day on Wednesday
Guwahati: Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) will
observe `Black Day` across Assam on Wednesday to coincide with the
swearing-in of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi at the Raj Bhavan
here for the third consecutive term, AGP general secretary
Hitendra Nath Goswami said here.
AGP, which received a drubbing in the assembly polls,
has also decided to approach the court against alleged
tampering of EVM by the Congress he said after the meeting of
the AGP steering committee here.
"We have evidence that Congress had tampered with EVMs
which explains the reason for its unexpected success of
winning as many as 78 seats in the poll.
"We are consulting lawyers and analysing all legal
aspects which will help us to approach the court against the
attempts to rig the poll by tampering with the EVMs", he said.
A meeting has been also convened to discuss the
reasons for the unprecented debacle of the opposition, he
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city
- Army orders modern helmets for jawans, can withstand bullets fired from short range
- WATCH: Dope-tainted Brock Lesnar causes carnage on return to WWE Raw ahead of Royal Rumble