AICC leaders discussing Arunachal Pradesh crisis
Itanagar: AICC leaders are holding parleys
in New Delhi to arrive at a decision on the political crisis
in Arunachal Pradesh over the change in leadership, an
observer who was sent here to assess the situation said.
Intense parleys among the top Congress leaders are on
to defuse the political crisis in the state. The decision is
difficult but would be reached at soon, B K Handique, one of
the three observers who visited the state capital on October
23 last to meet the 42 party legislators to elicit their
opinion on the crisis, said.
Two other observers, Union Power Minister Sushil
Kumar Shinde and states party in-charge Dhaniram Shandil
along with Ahmad Patel, the political advisor to Congress
president Sonia Gandhi, had discussed the issue with her
Both Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin and Arunachal
Pradesh Congress Committee (APCC) president Nabm Tuki could be
called to the national capital for a discussion before the
high command announces the decision, Handique said.
We are making our best efforts to provide a
solution at the earliest, he added.
Majority of the Congress legislators led by Tuki are
demanding a change in leadership in the state.
There are 42 Congress legislators in the state which
has a 60-member assembly.
Meanwhile, the security measures in the twin capital
cities of Itanagar and Naharlagun have been intensified with
deployment of additional 16 companies of central paramilitary
forces following deterioration in law and order situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why