AICC team to arrive in Arunachal on Monday
Itanagar: The three-member AICC team of
observers is arriving here on Sunday to attend a crucial
Congress Legislative Party (CLP) meeting to resolve the
four-month old leadership crisis in the state.
The team headed by Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde, former DoNER minister B K Handique and party`s general
secretary and in-charge of Arunachal Pradesh Dhaniram Shandil
is likely to announce the new CLP leader to be followed by
swearing-in ceremony of the new chief minister, party sources
"The team is coming to resolve the stalemate over
leadership issue on the directive of party president Sonia
Gandhi," PCC chief Nabam Tuki said.
The AICC team had visited the state on October 23 last to
meet the 42 party legislators to elicit their opinion on the
crisis, and submitted its report to Sonia yesterday.
Majority of the Congress legislators led by dissident
leader Tuki are demanding a change in leadership in the state.
There are 42 Congress legislators in the state which has a
The rift between Tuki and Gamlin had become a big issue
in the state dividing the party along ethnic lines. Majority
of the Congress legislators have demanded Gamlin`s resignation
for his alleged "authoritarian rule."
Gamlin was sworn in as the chief minister on May 5 last
after the death of former chief minister Dorjee Khandu in a
chopper crash on April 30 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of problems of unemployement in India
- DNA: Analysis of how car makers are playing with people's life
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda
- DNA: Analysis of increasing trade of terror, laudanum and fake currency in Malda- Part II
- DNA: A plane landed at -100 degree celsius to rescue a worker
- Day after 30 cows found dead, police chalks out plan to prevent smuggling
- Mathura violence: Two security staff of Ram Vriksh Yadav arrested
- 'Arvind Kejriwal-led AAP government wasting public money for image makeover'
- Kiran Bedi seeks banks' help for 'prosperous' Puducherry
- Now, helmet compulsory for pillion riders in Uttar Pradesh