AICC team to arrive in Arunachal on Monday
Itanagar: The three-member AICC team of
observers is arriving here on Sunday to attend a crucial
Congress Legislative Party (CLP) meeting to resolve the
four-month old leadership crisis in the state.
The team headed by Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde, former DoNER minister B K Handique and party`s general
secretary and in-charge of Arunachal Pradesh Dhaniram Shandil
is likely to announce the new CLP leader to be followed by
swearing-in ceremony of the new chief minister, party sources
"The team is coming to resolve the stalemate over
leadership issue on the directive of party president Sonia
Gandhi," PCC chief Nabam Tuki said.
The AICC team had visited the state on October 23 last to
meet the 42 party legislators to elicit their opinion on the
crisis, and submitted its report to Sonia yesterday.
Majority of the Congress legislators led by dissident
leader Tuki are demanding a change in leadership in the state.
There are 42 Congress legislators in the state which has a
The rift between Tuki and Gamlin had become a big issue
in the state dividing the party along ethnic lines. Majority
of the Congress legislators have demanded Gamlin`s resignation
for his alleged "authoritarian rule."
Gamlin was sworn in as the chief minister on May 5 last
after the death of former chief minister Dorjee Khandu in a
chopper crash on April 30 this year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest