AICC team to submit report to Sonia
Itanagar: The four-month-old political
turmoil in Arunachal Pradesh over change in leadership appears
to be ending soon with the three-member AICC team, that
arrived here on Sunday to meet state party legislators, set to
submit its report to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
"The decision will be taken by the party president
after the team places its report to her on the opinions of the
legislators," team leader Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde told reporters before leaving for Delhi.
"I am not the authority to announce the name. It will be
decided by Sonia Gandhi and will communicate soon," Shinde
The team, which included former DONER Minister Bijoy
Krishna Handique and party`s general secretary in-charge of
the state Dhaniram Shandil, arrived here this morning.
When contacted, Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin refused to
to comment on today`s development.
Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee President and
dissident leader Nabam Tuki said, "I believe the party will go
for a change in the leadership keeping in view of the present
lawlessness and political uncertainty.
"Majority of Congress MLAs have revolted against Gamlin
for his vindictive and authoritarian style of functioning and
went to Delhi and demanded party high command for his removal.
Since the day he took over the charge he was not able to take
into confidence all the party legislators."
Tuki along with 21 MLAs returned here last evening
after camping in Delhi for about four months demanding a
change in the leadership.
The chief minister who left for Delhi on Friday to
attend the National Development Council, meeting returned to
the state capital on Sunday.
There are 42 Congress legislators in the 60-member
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes