AICC team to submit report to Sonia
Itanagar: The four-month-old political
turmoil in Arunachal Pradesh over change in leadership appears
to be ending soon with the three-member AICC team, that
arrived here on Sunday to meet state party legislators, set to
submit its report to Congress president Sonia Gandhi.
"The decision will be taken by the party president
after the team places its report to her on the opinions of the
legislators," team leader Union Power Minister Sushil Kumar
Shinde told reporters before leaving for Delhi.
"I am not the authority to announce the name. It will be
decided by Sonia Gandhi and will communicate soon," Shinde
The team, which included former DONER Minister Bijoy
Krishna Handique and party`s general secretary in-charge of
the state Dhaniram Shandil, arrived here this morning.
When contacted, Chief Minister Jarbom Gamlin refused to
to comment on today`s development.
Arunachal Pradesh Congress Committee President and
dissident leader Nabam Tuki said, "I believe the party will go
for a change in the leadership keeping in view of the present
lawlessness and political uncertainty.
"Majority of Congress MLAs have revolted against Gamlin
for his vindictive and authoritarian style of functioning and
went to Delhi and demanded party high command for his removal.
Since the day he took over the charge he was not able to take
into confidence all the party legislators."
Tuki along with 21 MLAs returned here last evening
after camping in Delhi for about four months demanding a
change in the leadership.
The chief minister who left for Delhi on Friday to
attend the National Development Council, meeting returned to
the state capital on Sunday.
There are 42 Congress legislators in the 60-member
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore