AITF delegation calls on Kiren Rijiju
Itanagar: The Arunachal Indigenous Tribes Forum (AITF), a confederation of all community-based organization in the state on Saturday urged Union Minister of State for Home Affairs Kiren Rijiju to take up the issue of Naga People`s Front (NPF) reported propaganda of Greater Nagalim in the state.
A delegation of the forum led by its chairman Bengia Tolum during a meeting here with the Union minister today apprised him how the Nagaland-based political party was trying to expand its wings to the state with Greater Nagalim propaganda, a press release said.
The forum in a memorandum to the minister also pleaded him to take up with the Centre the oft-repeated Chinese claim over state`s territory and issuance of stapled visas to sportspersons and bureaucrats from the state.
The other issues highlighted include, Assam-Arunachal boundary dispute, Chakma-Hajong refugee issue, Permanent Resident Certificates (PRC) to non-Arunachalees in the state, safety and security of North East people in Delhi and other Indian cities; recruitment and reservation policy for Arunachalees in North Eastern Electric Power Corporation (NEEPCO) and National Hydroelectric Power Corporation (NHPC).
The forum alleged that many Arunachalee tribal employees are being harassed, victimised and discriminated by the management of the NEEPCO and demanded his immediate intervention, the release said.
The AITF also demanded that the NEEPCO and NHPC should established their staff recruitment centres in Itanagar against all their projects within Arunachal Pradesh so that local tribal youths could avail the opportunity of employment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 may not be announced today
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Osama files show an "Indian brother in Madinah” financed al Qaeda
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- SC asks Haryana Police to finish AIPMT paper leak probe