Aizwal: Man shot dead after being mistaken for a bear
Aizawl: A man was shot dead by a relative mistaking the former as a bear near Mizoram-Myanmar border Farkawn village, the police said Monday.
Ralthanga (37) was killed when his neighbour Lalpeksanga shot at him mistaking him a bear while searching for a missing mithun in Lurh mountain on Saturday.
Lalpeksanga and his companion saw fresh tracks of bear and were waiting in readiness while Ralthanga suddenly appeared resulting in Lalpeksanga shooting at him and killing him on the spot.
Autopsy on the body of Ralthanga was performed at nearby Khawbung Rural hospital and the police detained Lalpeksanga for questioning.
- Seven of marriage party electrocuted in Telangana
- IS-linked cell in Morocco planned attack in Brussels
- NDRF says ‘fire out in 70% of affected areas’, Centre sends team to probe Uttarakhand forest fires
- Major shift in Modi govt’s stand on Hurriyat leaders as VK Singh says ‘they are citizens of India’?
- Kangana Ranaut – Hrithik Roshan legal spat: Sona Mohapatra slams Adhyayan Suman - Here's why