Aizwal: Man shot dead after being mistaken for a bear
Aizawl: A man was shot dead by a relative mistaking the former as a bear near Mizoram-Myanmar border Farkawn village, the police said Monday.
Ralthanga (37) was killed when his neighbour Lalpeksanga shot at him mistaking him a bear while searching for a missing mithun in Lurh mountain on Saturday.
Lalpeksanga and his companion saw fresh tracks of bear and were waiting in readiness while Ralthanga suddenly appeared resulting in Lalpeksanga shooting at him and killing him on the spot.
Autopsy on the body of Ralthanga was performed at nearby Khawbung Rural hospital and the police detained Lalpeksanga for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- ATM virus attack: Users of debit cards under threat!
- J&K govt suspends 12 officials on anti-national activities
- Bhubaneswar fire: Owner of SUM Hospital surrenders
- Delhi Police may arrest Kabaddi player Rohit over wife's suicide
- Politics over Mahesh Sharma's visit to Ayodhya museum site ahead of UP elections
- Airtel takes on Reliance Jio yet again; offers 10GB of 4G data at just Rs 259
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- Man divorces wife after seeing her first time without make-up!