Aizwal: Man shot dead after being mistaken for a bear
Aizawl: A man was shot dead by a relative mistaking the former as a bear near Mizoram-Myanmar border Farkawn village, the police said Monday.
Ralthanga (37) was killed when his neighbour Lalpeksanga shot at him mistaking him a bear while searching for a missing mithun in Lurh mountain on Saturday.
Lalpeksanga and his companion saw fresh tracks of bear and were waiting in readiness while Ralthanga suddenly appeared resulting in Lalpeksanga shooting at him and killing him on the spot.
Autopsy on the body of Ralthanga was performed at nearby Khawbung Rural hospital and the police detained Lalpeksanga for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands