Aizwal: Man shot dead after being mistaken for a bear
Aizawl: A man was shot dead by a relative mistaking the former as a bear near Mizoram-Myanmar border Farkawn village, the police said Monday.
Ralthanga (37) was killed when his neighbour Lalpeksanga shot at him mistaking him a bear while searching for a missing mithun in Lurh mountain on Saturday.
Lalpeksanga and his companion saw fresh tracks of bear and were waiting in readiness while Ralthanga suddenly appeared resulting in Lalpeksanga shooting at him and killing him on the spot.
Autopsy on the body of Ralthanga was performed at nearby Khawbung Rural hospital and the police detained Lalpeksanga for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges
- DNA: Analysis of controversies on inclusion of 'NEET' in private medical colleges - Part II
- DNA: How BSF soldiers guard the border in scorching summer heat
- DNA: Why is Congress taking support of affidavits to ensure alliance of MLA's?
- DNA: Analysis of how cancer is increasing death toll in India
- Babies affected by Zika prone to eye damage: Research
- Now cancel counter-booked wait-listed train tickets online
- Watch: How a bionic suit helped a paralyzed father make his daughter's wedding day memorable!
- Maoists kill LJP leader, brother in Bihar
- French Open 2016, Day 4: Sania Mirza, Leander Paes, Rohan Bopanna enter French Open second round