Aizwal: Man shot dead after being mistaken for a bear
Aizawl: A man was shot dead by a relative mistaking the former as a bear near Mizoram-Myanmar border Farkawn village, the police said Monday.
Ralthanga (37) was killed when his neighbour Lalpeksanga shot at him mistaking him a bear while searching for a missing mithun in Lurh mountain on Saturday.
Lalpeksanga and his companion saw fresh tracks of bear and were waiting in readiness while Ralthanga suddenly appeared resulting in Lalpeksanga shooting at him and killing him on the spot.
Autopsy on the body of Ralthanga was performed at nearby Khawbung Rural hospital and the police detained Lalpeksanga for questioning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say