Aizwal: One feared drowned in boat capsize
Aizawl: One person feared drowned when a boat carrying 12 people capsized in Tlawng river near Bairabi town on the Mizoram-Assam border Wednesday.
While 11 people managed to swim to safety, a forest guard working at Mamit forest division office drowned, police said.
The river was turbulent due to heavy rainfall during the past few days and the mechanised boat overturned midstream, they said.
A massive search has been launched to find the body of the 26-year-old forest guard, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?