Aizwal: One feared drowned in boat capsize
Aizawl: One person feared drowned when a boat carrying 12 people capsized in Tlawng river near Bairabi town on the Mizoram-Assam border Wednesday.
While 11 people managed to swim to safety, a forest guard working at Mamit forest division office drowned, police said.
The river was turbulent due to heavy rainfall during the past few days and the mechanised boat overturned midstream, they said.
A massive search has been launched to find the body of the 26-year-old forest guard, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city