Aizwal: One feared drowned in boat capsize
Aizawl: One person feared drowned when a boat carrying 12 people capsized in Tlawng river near Bairabi town on the Mizoram-Assam border Wednesday.
While 11 people managed to swim to safety, a forest guard working at Mamit forest division office drowned, police said.
The river was turbulent due to heavy rainfall during the past few days and the mechanised boat overturned midstream, they said.
A massive search has been launched to find the body of the 26-year-old forest guard, police added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie