Alert in Tripura ahead of I-Day
Agartala: An alert has been sounded throughout Tripura ahead of the Independence Day celebrations to thwart any subversive activities as the two banned insurgent outfits have called it as a `Black Day`.
"Though this year the two banned outfits ? All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) and National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) - have not yet given any such call, but the government has sounded an alert so that the ultras cannot undertake any subversive activities," IG (Police Control), Nepal Das said.
BSF have also been alerted along the 856 km long border with Bangladesh, while security forces augmented around vital installations like Raj Bhavan, civil secretariat, Assembly House.
Vehicles entering the state capital are being subjected to checks and bomb and dog squad personnel are at work in crowded places and markets, he said.
Das said Tripura State Rifles were at work in strategic locations in remote, hilly and tribal areas bordering Chittagong Hill Tract of Bangladesh to detect any kind of movement of insurgents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: BJP triumphs across state; hung verdict in BMC elections
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test