Alert in Tripura ahead of I-Day
Agartala: An alert has been sounded throughout Tripura ahead of the Independence Day celebrations to thwart any subversive activities as the two banned insurgent outfits have called it as a `Black Day`.
"Though this year the two banned outfits ? All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) and National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) - have not yet given any such call, but the government has sounded an alert so that the ultras cannot undertake any subversive activities," IG (Police Control), Nepal Das said.
BSF have also been alerted along the 856 km long border with Bangladesh, while security forces augmented around vital installations like Raj Bhavan, civil secretariat, Assembly House.
Vehicles entering the state capital are being subjected to checks and bomb and dog squad personnel are at work in crowded places and markets, he said.
Das said Tripura State Rifles were at work in strategic locations in remote, hilly and tribal areas bordering Chittagong Hill Tract of Bangladesh to detect any kind of movement of insurgents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video