Alert in Tripura ahead of I-Day
Agartala: An alert has been sounded throughout Tripura ahead of the Independence Day celebrations to thwart any subversive activities as the two banned insurgent outfits have called it as a `Black Day`.
"Though this year the two banned outfits ? All Tripura Tiger Force (ATTF) and National Liberation Front of Tripura (NLFT) - have not yet given any such call, but the government has sounded an alert so that the ultras cannot undertake any subversive activities," IG (Police Control), Nepal Das said.
BSF have also been alerted along the 856 km long border with Bangladesh, while security forces augmented around vital installations like Raj Bhavan, civil secretariat, Assembly House.
Vehicles entering the state capital are being subjected to checks and bomb and dog squad personnel are at work in crowded places and markets, he said.
Das said Tripura State Rifles were at work in strategic locations in remote, hilly and tribal areas bordering Chittagong Hill Tract of Bangladesh to detect any kind of movement of insurgents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Syria's powerful Nusra Front says ending link to al Qaeda
- Amitabh Bachchan for higher public spending to prevent Hepatitis B
- First batch of Haj pilgrims from J&K to leave on August 10
- White dwarf found lashing red dwarf in space
- Land of believers! Out of 1.2 billion people, only 33,000 are atheists in India