Alert sounded in Tripura
Agartala: An alert was sounded in Tripura following twin blasts in Hyderabad in which 16 people lost their lives, official sources said on Sunday.
"Following instructions from the central government, we have alerted our security forces so that no sabotage could take place in the state," state Chief Secretary Sanjoy Kumar Panda told reporters here.
On February 22, BSF Director-General Subhash Joshi here had said high alert had been sounded along India`s borders with other countries.
Tripura has 856-km-long border with Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- China 'threatened' by ISRO's record-setting achievement?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'