Alert sounded in Tripura
Agartala: An alert was sounded in Tripura following twin blasts in Hyderabad in which 16 people lost their lives, official sources said on Sunday.
"Following instructions from the central government, we have alerted our security forces so that no sabotage could take place in the state," state Chief Secretary Sanjoy Kumar Panda told reporters here.
On February 22, BSF Director-General Subhash Joshi here had said high alert had been sounded along India`s borders with other countries.
Tripura has 856-km-long border with Bangladesh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family