All 60 ruling NPF candidates file nominations in Nagaland
Kohima: With just two days remaining for the last date of filing of nominations to the upcoming elections in Nagaland, all 60 candidates of ruling Naga People`s Front (NPF) submitted relevant papers today.
The Chief Electoral Officer`s office here said Chief Minister Neiphiu Rio and Assembly Speaker Kiyanilie Peseyie filed their nominations in Kohima. NPF candidates filed nominations from rest of the districts with the party being the only one to contest all 60 seats to the assembly.
Altogether 69 nominations were filed today in different parts of the state till 7 pm with Mon, Phek and Mokokchung registering the highest number of 10 each.
Besides Independent candidates, political parties which filed nominations included BJP, NCP, RJD, JDU and regional United Nagaland Democratic Party. The candidates submitted the papers to the respective Deputy Commissioner, who is also the District Electoral Officer, sources said.
Rio, who was the first to file nomination this morning, will contest from Northern Angami II A/C under Kohima district. BJP candidate and former minister T A Ngullie has filed his nomination papers for Tyui A/C under Wokha district.
Congress sources said its candidates would be filing nominations tomorrow for 57 constituencies, as it is not fielding candidates in two seats, Kohima Town Assembly Constituency and Wakcing A/C, while the decision for fielding candidate in Ghaspani-I A/C was still awaited from the AICC.
The notification for the Nagaland assembly elections, to be held on February 23, was issued on January 30. The first nomination was filed on Friday by an Independent candidate, Picto, at the office of the District Electoral Officer of Zunheboto for the Atoizu assembly constituency.
The last date of filing nominations is February 6 while scrutiny would be held the next day and last date of withdrawal is February 9.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title