All Arunachal dists to come under e-governance pro
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh
government was contemplating to cover all districts including
all administrative headquarters under the e-governance project
for effective administration, the assembly was informed on Tuesday.
"The state government has evolved an administrative
Reform Policy to cover all administrative centers under
e-governance in the 12th Five Year Plan to have better
accessibility," Chief Minister Nabam Tuki said in response to
a supplementary question raised by Trinamool Congress member
Laeta Umbrey during question hour.
Tuki said in the past three years the state government
approved creation of one district, 18 administrative circles
and one sub-division with total financial implication of Rs
Umbrey had alleged that creation of new districts
including administrative centers were made on political
interest without looking at the genuine aspect involving a
large chunk of money.
Tuki said the new districts and administrative centers
were approved on the basis of demands of the local people and
purely on need-basis.
"Creation of administrative headquarters is for
extension of services to the people`s doorsteps but not on
political compulsion," Tuki clarified.
Replying to Umbrey`s suggestion for a moratorium of 20
years for creation of new districts, Tuki said districts would
increase with demands of the people.
To a question by Congress MLA Kumsi Sidisow on
regularization of services of local people working with the
NEEPCO, Tuki said he had talked to the power corporation and
the process was under progress.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka
- Anita Hassanandani, Rohit Reddy’s Maldives trip will give you vacation goals- See Pics