All ULFA members to adopt `Asom` as new surname
Guwahati: The ULFA`s anti-talk faction on Friday announced that henceforth all members of the outfit would adopt `Asom` as their new surname in place of their existing ones.
``All members of the outfit has decided to adopt a common
surname `Asom` from today in the interest of creating a
greater Assamese society``, the faction`s Publicity Incharge
Arunodoy Dohotiya said in an e-mail statement signed as
He said that the outfit was committed to protect the
identity of each and every Assamese and as a step in this
direction, the ULFA`s Central committee has decided to give up
their surnames and adopt `Asom` as their last name.
Henceforth, all ULFA members will have `Asom` as their
surname and Acting Chairman Abhijit Barman will be called
Meanwhile, Acting `Financial Secretary` Jiban Moran
and `Deputy Commander-in-chief` Drishti Rajkhowa have already
changed their surnames and have accordingly printed new letter
pads with their new names, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- IND vs AUS, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- BMC poll results: Shiv Sena approaches Congress for pact, party says 'not interested'
- Indian man Srinivas Kuchibhotla shot dead in Kansas bar while watching basketball game - Know what happened