AMVDFA calls for indefinite general strike in Manipur
Imphal: The All Manipur Village Defence Force Association (AMVDFA) has called for an indefinite general strike in the state from Tuesday to demand increment in their salaries.
VDF personnel were appointed by the state authorities to protect the villages and were also helping the police in traffic management, official sources said.
The appointment was done on contract basis and they have been told on various occasions that their pay could not be increased, sources said.
The association is demanding an increment in their pay which is Rs 3000 per month at present, a statement by AMVDFA said.
The general strike would be enforced in all districts of the state, it said.
It appealed to various organisations, including students organisations, to support their stir.
Sources said all possible steps would be taken to prevent any untoward incident during the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar
- A love story for Akshay Kumar in toilet? Details inside
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside