AMVDFA calls for indefinite general strike in Manipur
Imphal: The All Manipur Village Defence Force Association (AMVDFA) has called for an indefinite general strike in the state from Tuesday to demand increment in their salaries.
VDF personnel were appointed by the state authorities to protect the villages and were also helping the police in traffic management, official sources said.
The appointment was done on contract basis and they have been told on various occasions that their pay could not be increased, sources said.
The association is demanding an increment in their pay which is Rs 3000 per month at present, a statement by AMVDFA said.
The general strike would be enforced in all districts of the state, it said.
It appealed to various organisations, including students organisations, to support their stir.
Sources said all possible steps would be taken to prevent any untoward incident during the strike.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Car crushed between 2 trucks in Telangana, 5 dead
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system?
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part II
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part III
- Why are Muslim women being punished with triple talaq system? - Part IV
- Sensex zooms over 550 points, Nifty reclaims 7,900-mark
- WATCH | Midnight drama: What happened when guys, police saw bride standing alone on road in Noida
- Bajaj Pulsar cs400 spotted testing again; launching soon
- Mars once hosted habitable environments, reveals study!
- Hurriyat leader Mirwaiz Umer Farooq placed under house arrest in Srinagar