Another militant outfit threatens to punish molest
Imphal: Banned Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) on Monday said that it would take action against the three youths, who posed as their member and allegedly molested a school girl at Napet Palli in Imphal East district of Manipur on December 24.
KCP viewed seriously the misusing and maligning its image and would initiate steps for suitable punishment for Tensubam Amitkumar (21), Ngangom Chandra (21) and Khaidem Sanahal (21) alias Bungo alias Kunjo once they were out on bail, KCP Information Secretary S Mangal said in a statement.
"Amitkumar, Chandra and Sanahal are now in police custody and steps are being taken to file charge sheet against the three," official sources said.
Police was acting cautiously because some other militant outfits, including Maoist Communist Party Manipur (MCPM), had also threatened to punish them for molesting the 16-year-old girl at Napet Palli while she, along with some friends, was returning to their village near Risophung for Christmas festival.
The three youths posing as KCP members separated the girl from her friends before molesting and making an attempt to rape her.
Several social organisations including major civil society groups had strongly condemned the December-24 incident.
Manipur has been facing a series of agitations including a general strike called in protest against the molestation of a film actress in full public view allegedly by a militant Livingstone Anal, who also fired at two artistes who tried to protect the actress during a musical concert on December 18 in Chandel district.
The organisations have demanded stringent action against the three youths and also immediate arrest of Livingstone Anal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH