Another militant outfit threatens to punish molest
Imphal: Banned Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) on Monday said that it would take action against the three youths, who posed as their member and allegedly molested a school girl at Napet Palli in Imphal East district of Manipur on December 24.
KCP viewed seriously the misusing and maligning its image and would initiate steps for suitable punishment for Tensubam Amitkumar (21), Ngangom Chandra (21) and Khaidem Sanahal (21) alias Bungo alias Kunjo once they were out on bail, KCP Information Secretary S Mangal said in a statement.
"Amitkumar, Chandra and Sanahal are now in police custody and steps are being taken to file charge sheet against the three," official sources said.
Police was acting cautiously because some other militant outfits, including Maoist Communist Party Manipur (MCPM), had also threatened to punish them for molesting the 16-year-old girl at Napet Palli while she, along with some friends, was returning to their village near Risophung for Christmas festival.
The three youths posing as KCP members separated the girl from her friends before molesting and making an attempt to rape her.
Several social organisations including major civil society groups had strongly condemned the December-24 incident.
Manipur has been facing a series of agitations including a general strike called in protest against the molestation of a film actress in full public view allegedly by a militant Livingstone Anal, who also fired at two artistes who tried to protect the actress during a musical concert on December 18 in Chandel district.
The organisations have demanded stringent action against the three youths and also immediate arrest of Livingstone Anal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal