Another militant outfit threatens to punish molest
Imphal: Banned Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) on Monday said that it would take action against the three youths, who posed as their member and allegedly molested a school girl at Napet Palli in Imphal East district of Manipur on December 24.
KCP viewed seriously the misusing and maligning its image and would initiate steps for suitable punishment for Tensubam Amitkumar (21), Ngangom Chandra (21) and Khaidem Sanahal (21) alias Bungo alias Kunjo once they were out on bail, KCP Information Secretary S Mangal said in a statement.
"Amitkumar, Chandra and Sanahal are now in police custody and steps are being taken to file charge sheet against the three," official sources said.
Police was acting cautiously because some other militant outfits, including Maoist Communist Party Manipur (MCPM), had also threatened to punish them for molesting the 16-year-old girl at Napet Palli while she, along with some friends, was returning to their village near Risophung for Christmas festival.
The three youths posing as KCP members separated the girl from her friends before molesting and making an attempt to rape her.
Several social organisations including major civil society groups had strongly condemned the December-24 incident.
Manipur has been facing a series of agitations including a general strike called in protest against the molestation of a film actress in full public view allegedly by a militant Livingstone Anal, who also fired at two artistes who tried to protect the actress during a musical concert on December 18 in Chandel district.
The organisations have demanded stringent action against the three youths and also immediate arrest of Livingstone Anal.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi pitches for 'Selfie with daughter' initiative
- 'Mann ki Baat': World is keen to know more about India, says PM Modi
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Need another agricultural revolution: PM Modi
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak