Another Tawang helicopter crash victim dies
Shillong: The death toll in April 19
Tawang helicopter crash touched 19 on Friday after one of the
injured died at a private hospital in Mumbai, family sources
Twenty-six-year-old Karishma Patni Sarawgi, who had
lost her husband in the same crash, died of burn injuries last
night, family sources said.
She was undergoing treatment at a private hospital in
Mumbai after being air-lifted to the metropolis a day after
Her family informed that she was showing signs of
improvement though her condition again started to worsen in
the last 10 days.
The body was flown to her hometown Guwahati for
cremation, family members said.
Her husband, Amit Sarawgi, had also died in the crash.
The couple was going to Tawang on Pawan Hans Mi-17 helicopter
for a holiday.
Six persons had survived the accident with serious
injuries, while 17 others were killed when the helicopter,
flying from Guwahati to Tawang, crashed at the heliport in the
She is the second injured person to die. Another
injured had died on May 10.
The couple had left their one-year-old son at home in
The Pawan Hans helicopter had crashed in Tawang in
Arunachal Pradesh minutes before landing on April 19.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt