Another teenager molested in Manipur
Imphal: Close on the heels of the molestation case of a Manipuri film actress by a militant, three youths allegedly outraged the modesty of a 16-year-old girl as she was returning home to join Christmas celebrations in Senapati district.
Police sources said the girl along with friends left Imphal on December 24 evening to join family members for Christmas at their homes at Riso Phung hill village in Senapati district.
Riso Phung is located at the border between Imphal east and Senapati districts.
As she was walking by Napet Palli area under Lamlai police station, three youths projecting themselves as members of a militant outfit offered to escort them.
The three, after threatening and warding off her friends, allegedly molested the girl.
As the girl screamed, local residents rushed to her help, sources said, adding the three youths identified as Ng. Chandra, T Amitkumar and Kh Sanahal were arrested and being interrogated after a case was lodged at Lamlai Police Station, the sources said today.
A sit-in protest was later launched at Riso Phung village demanding punishment for the culprits, sources said.
The incident took place even as a general strike called by some major social organisations was underway in protest against the alleged molestation of film actress Momoko by a Naga militant on December 18 last at Chandel hill district, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO