Anti-erosion project for Brahmaputra approved
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Wednesday gave
investment clearance for an anti-erosion project along the
Brahmaputra river in Assam.
The Rs 8.35 crore project will cover areas between
Uluberi and Borigaon in Assam and is expected to be completed
within the current financial year, an official release said.
The project will be funded under the approved outlays in
the state`s Annual Plan.
It envisages anti-erosion measures along the South bank
of the river.
The scheme aims at protecting an 8,000-hectare area
comprising cultivated and home stead land, besides public
Over 1.5 lakh people in the project area are expected to
benefit from the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Attack on Nigerian student not racial crime, have arrested accused, says Hyderabad Police; MEA seeks report
- Air India wooing fliers with ''all-inclusive'' low fares at Rs 1,499
- Planning to visit Rishikesh this summer? Here's how you can reach there!
- Rio Olympics 2016: Sushil Kumar vs Narsingh Yadav - HC likely to take final call today
- Korean Air evacuates plane at Japan's Haneda airport after engine smoke