Anti-erosion project for Brahmaputra approved
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Wednesday gave
investment clearance for an anti-erosion project along the
Brahmaputra river in Assam.
The Rs 8.35 crore project will cover areas between
Uluberi and Borigaon in Assam and is expected to be completed
within the current financial year, an official release said.
The project will be funded under the approved outlays in
the state`s Annual Plan.
It envisages anti-erosion measures along the South bank
of the river.
The scheme aims at protecting an 8,000-hectare area
comprising cultivated and home stead land, besides public
Over 1.5 lakh people in the project area are expected to
benefit from the scheme.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon