Anti-erosion project for Brahmaputra approved
New Delhi: The Planning Commission on Wednesday gave
investment clearance for an anti-erosion project along the
Brahmaputra river in Assam.
The Rs 8.35 crore project will cover areas between
Uluberi and Borigaon in Assam and is expected to be completed
within the current financial year, an official release said.
The project will be funded under the approved outlays in
the state`s Annual Plan.
It envisages anti-erosion measures along the South bank
of the river.
The scheme aims at protecting an 8,000-hectare area
comprising cultivated and home stead land, besides public
Over 1.5 lakh people in the project area are expected to
benefit from the scheme.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader