AP: Bandh affects life hit in West Siang
Itanagar: Normal life was affected in West Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh in the dawn-to-dusk bandh by Galo Peoples Federation (GPF) in the three Siang districts and other Galo inhabited areas of the state.
Markets, educational institutions, banks and other private establishments remained closed in West Siang district, while state government establishments recorded thin attendances, official sources said.
All private and public vehicles remained off the road during the bandh, the sources said.
The bandh, however, failed to have any impact in East and Upper Siang districts, where functioning of government offices, educational institutions and business establishments were normal, official sources from both the districts informed.
Besides the bandh, mass casual leave was taken by all Galo employees in protest against the government`s failure to contain the law and order situation in the state besides security concern for Galo residents in the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!