AP: Bandh affects life hit in West Siang
Itanagar: Normal life was affected in West Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh in the dawn-to-dusk bandh by Galo Peoples Federation (GPF) in the three Siang districts and other Galo inhabited areas of the state.
Markets, educational institutions, banks and other private establishments remained closed in West Siang district, while state government establishments recorded thin attendances, official sources said.
All private and public vehicles remained off the road during the bandh, the sources said.
The bandh, however, failed to have any impact in East and Upper Siang districts, where functioning of government offices, educational institutions and business establishments were normal, official sources from both the districts informed.
Besides the bandh, mass casual leave was taken by all Galo employees in protest against the government`s failure to contain the law and order situation in the state besides security concern for Galo residents in the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?