AP: Bandh affects life hit in West Siang
Itanagar: Normal life was affected in West Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh in the dawn-to-dusk bandh by Galo Peoples Federation (GPF) in the three Siang districts and other Galo inhabited areas of the state.
Markets, educational institutions, banks and other private establishments remained closed in West Siang district, while state government establishments recorded thin attendances, official sources said.
All private and public vehicles remained off the road during the bandh, the sources said.
The bandh, however, failed to have any impact in East and Upper Siang districts, where functioning of government offices, educational institutions and business establishments were normal, official sources from both the districts informed.
Besides the bandh, mass casual leave was taken by all Galo employees in protest against the government`s failure to contain the law and order situation in the state besides security concern for Galo residents in the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days