AP: Bandh affects life hit in West Siang
Itanagar: Normal life was affected in West Siang district of Arunachal Pradesh in the dawn-to-dusk bandh by Galo Peoples Federation (GPF) in the three Siang districts and other Galo inhabited areas of the state.
Markets, educational institutions, banks and other private establishments remained closed in West Siang district, while state government establishments recorded thin attendances, official sources said.
All private and public vehicles remained off the road during the bandh, the sources said.
The bandh, however, failed to have any impact in East and Upper Siang districts, where functioning of government offices, educational institutions and business establishments were normal, official sources from both the districts informed.
Besides the bandh, mass casual leave was taken by all Galo employees in protest against the government`s failure to contain the law and order situation in the state besides security concern for Galo residents in the state capital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing