AP CM announces corpus fund for Tawang monastery
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has announced a slew of measures for Tawang district, bordering China, including a corpus fund of Rs 4 crore for the famous Tawang monastery and Rs 1 crore for starting retention work of landslide hit areas.
The CM arrived at Lumla yesterday on his maiden trip to Lumla Assembly constituency ahead of the state Assembly Elections due early next year, official sources said here on Sunday.
Addressing a public meeting at Lumla, Tuki also announced Rs 20 lakh for protection of landslide hit area of Manjushree School at Tawang as promised earlier. He said Lumla, demarcated as the number one constituency, the state?s development should begin from here.
Tuki exuded confidence about the Congress government`s prospects in the elections.
“I’m confident Congress will sweep all future elections to give further momentum to the already impressive development recorded during the last three years,” Tuki said.
Tuki said the state Cabinet had already approved regularisation of services of 36 Bhoti teachers and assured to take up the matter of upgradation of Zemithang ME school to secondary level, introduction of science stream in Lumla Government HS school and posting of adequate teachers in the school or else recruitment of local qualified candidates to serve as teachers with the appropriate authority.
Acknowledging the suffering of the people for want of an LPG agency and a petrol depot, the CM assured the people that he would move the Centre for setting up essential services at the earliest, besides completion of Lumal-Tashigang road. Without opposing the demand for Autonomous District Council (ADC) for Tawang and West Kameng districts, Tuki said it needed introspection.
He said the area had huge potential for horticulture, agriculture, tourism and hydropower development and exhorted the youth to come forward to become willing partners of development.
“I’ve numerous plans and schemes for channelising the youth energy and providing them skill development to make them self-employed and self-reliant to contribute towards nation building,” Tuki said spelling out the huge number of youths his government has so far sponsored for training in tourism, hospitality and agriculture sectors for creating one lakh employments in five years.
The CM earlier inaugurated the newly built office building of ADC and tourist lodge, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- DNA: How India became world's largest arms importer
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: Shiv Sena leading in 94 seats, BJP in 56; counting underway
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Results 2017 LIVE: BJP leader Kirit Somaiya's son wins in Mumbai; Asaduddin Owaisi's AIMIM grabs 5 seats in Solapur
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Counting underway; Shiv Sena leads the race