AP Guv`s comment quoted out of context: Raj Bhavan
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh Raj Bhawan has said that media reports about Governor Gen (retd) JJ Singh’s statement on border dispute with China "have been purportedly taken from a speech and the comments have been quoted out of context."
A statement issued by Raj Bhawan yesterday stated that "the Governor`s views have been purportedly taken from a speech that he had made at a seminar organised by the Rajiv Gandhi University on March 8-9 last."
"When we read in the overall perspective, the comments have been quoted out of context and an impression different from what was conveyed has been created", the statement said.
"The question of dialogue would certainly imply discussion on certain disputed portions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), and as a starting point for such a dialogue, the acknowledgement of give-and-take principle has to be recognised", the statement said.
"This is in context of the overall boundary with China, extending from Aksai Chin in the west to North-East India in the east and for the North-East India, the McMohan line should certainly be the keystone of the edifice", it said.
"The perceptional differences between both sides on disputed pockets along the border should be discussed by government representatives at the highest levels. We need to display the highest levels of diplomacy, statesmanship and statecraft in solving this long pending issue", the statement read.
Earlier some media reports had said that Singh, a former Army chief, had said "that India should move away from its non-negotiable stand on the border dispute with China".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi