AP Guv`s comment quoted out of context: Raj Bhavan
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh Raj Bhawan has said that media reports about Governor Gen (retd) JJ Singh’s statement on border dispute with China "have been purportedly taken from a speech and the comments have been quoted out of context."
A statement issued by Raj Bhawan yesterday stated that "the Governor`s views have been purportedly taken from a speech that he had made at a seminar organised by the Rajiv Gandhi University on March 8-9 last."
"When we read in the overall perspective, the comments have been quoted out of context and an impression different from what was conveyed has been created", the statement said.
"The question of dialogue would certainly imply discussion on certain disputed portions along the Line of Actual Control (LAC), and as a starting point for such a dialogue, the acknowledgement of give-and-take principle has to be recognised", the statement said.
"This is in context of the overall boundary with China, extending from Aksai Chin in the west to North-East India in the east and for the North-East India, the McMohan line should certainly be the keystone of the edifice", it said.
"The perceptional differences between both sides on disputed pockets along the border should be discussed by government representatives at the highest levels. We need to display the highest levels of diplomacy, statesmanship and statecraft in solving this long pending issue", the statement read.
Earlier some media reports had said that Singh, a former Army chief, had said "that India should move away from its non-negotiable stand on the border dispute with China".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note