AP minister apprises Union minister of tourism initiative
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh RWD & Tourism Minister Pema Khandu on Wednesday called on Union MoS for Tourism Chiranjeevi at New Delhi and apprised him of the progressive tourism initiatives launched in the state.
Highlighting the tourism potential of the state Pema urged the minister for continued support and guidance of the ministry to make Arunachal a favoured tourist destination of the country, official sources said here.
He discussed at length about the ongoing projects and proposals submitted with the Ministry for funding.
He also raised the issue of release of funds for the pending sanctioned projects in the state to which the union minister assured that he would personally ensure release of funds at the earliest.
Chiranjeevi, while expressing his happiness assured all support of his ministry to the border state of Arunachal Pradesh and invited Khandu to be a part of the International Travel Mart being organised for the first time at Guwahati from December 18 next.
The Mart would showcase NE as a tourist destination to the world especially the ASEAN and SAARC nations.
Khandu apprised the minister on the state`s tourism department which is playing a major role in the event and would put up an excellent show in the event.
The Union minister has assured to visit Arunachal on February next, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: Chat with 'Jazbaa' stars Aishwarya Rai and Irrfan Khan!
- Delhi government to add environment tax in electricity bill
- AAP govt suggests four-fold hike in MLAs salaries
- Shaheed Express train's freight coach catches fire on Ludhiana railway station
- DNA: Indian Army's 'Phantom Guns’ to defend border with Pakistan
- India vs South Africa 2015: 3rd T20I - Preview
- Modi govt turns down IAF's request for more foreign fighter planes, pushes for Made-in-India Tejas
- Indrani Mukerjea back in jail; claims did not take pills, was upset because of mother's death
- Unbelievable! Crops destroyed for Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi's rally in Karnataka
- Asaduddin Owaisi's brother Akbaruddin in trouble over poll speech, arrest warrant issued