AP minister apprises Union minister of tourism initiative
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh RWD & Tourism Minister Pema Khandu on Wednesday called on Union MoS for Tourism Chiranjeevi at New Delhi and apprised him of the progressive tourism initiatives launched in the state.
Highlighting the tourism potential of the state Pema urged the minister for continued support and guidance of the ministry to make Arunachal a favoured tourist destination of the country, official sources said here.
He discussed at length about the ongoing projects and proposals submitted with the Ministry for funding.
He also raised the issue of release of funds for the pending sanctioned projects in the state to which the union minister assured that he would personally ensure release of funds at the earliest.
Chiranjeevi, while expressing his happiness assured all support of his ministry to the border state of Arunachal Pradesh and invited Khandu to be a part of the International Travel Mart being organised for the first time at Guwahati from December 18 next.
The Mart would showcase NE as a tourist destination to the world especially the ASEAN and SAARC nations.
Khandu apprised the minister on the state`s tourism department which is playing a major role in the event and would put up an excellent show in the event.
The Union minister has assured to visit Arunachal on February next, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Sheena Bora murder case: When Indrani Mukerjea broke down during questioning
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!