AP seeks EU support for funding from World Bank an
Itanagar: Faced with objections from China, Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has sought support from the European Union to facilitate flow of funds from World Bank and Asian Development Bank, official sources said on Sunday.
Both the international financial institutions are already funding all north-eastern states except this land-locked state.
Highlighting the huge potential of the state to the visiting ambassadors from eight European countries here yesterday, Tuki said that though the state had submitted proposals for development fund as desired by the Centre, WB and ADB, yet those proposals were rejected due to objection raised by the Chinese government.
"Arunachal with an annual budget of around Rs 3,000 crore has to fully depend on New Delhi for funding from external agencies," Tuki said.
Impressed by the first-hand experience of the rich cultural mosaic of the state and its natural beauty, Poland Ambassador Pitor Klodkowski opined that the visit would lay a strong foundation between Arunachal Pradesh and 34 nations including 27 European nations.
"This is a tremendous learning experience that has opened our eyes to tap Arunachal potentials," he said.
The EU ambassadorial delegation with members from Bulgaria, Czech Republic, Finland, Hungary, Poland, Slovak Republic and Germany arrived here on May 16.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!