Apang has chest pain, hospitalised; doctors advise rest
Itanagar: Former Arunachal Pradesh chief
minister Gegong Apang, arrested for his alleged involvement in
a multi-crore PDS scam, complained of chest pain and was
admitted to a hospital here last night.
"Apang is suffering from high hypertension besides
acute chest pain and headache," said Dr Talar Motu, a medicine
specialist at the Rama Krishna Mission Hospital attending on
the Congress leader.
Apang underwent a CT scan and MRI this morning and as
he is a diabetic, he has been advised to stay in the hospital
for a few days, Motu said.
Several cabinet ministers including Home Minister Tako
Dabi and Health Minister Tanga Byaling visited Apang in
hospital last night.
Apang was arrested yesterday by the Special
Investigation Cell constituted by the Arunachal Pradesh
government and remanded in seven days police custody. He was
charged under several sections of IPC and Prevention of
Several false and fraudulent hill transport subsidy
bills were allegedly cleared without financial concurrence
when Apang was at the helm of affairs, resulting in heavy loss
to the state exchequer.
But Apang has dubbed his arrest as a political
conspiracy and demanded an impartial inquiry into the scam by
a competent and neutral agency like the CBI to unearth the
truth and punish the guilty.
"I appealed to the high court to review its decision
and to hand over the case to the CBI in the interest of the
people besides delivering proper justice," he told PTI.
"As a law-abiding citizen when I appeared before the
SIC yesterday to respond to the questionnaires made available
to me on August 20, to my utter surprise and shock, I was
arrested by the investigating agency without giving me any
opportunity to explain my side of the case," he said.
"It is nothing but a pre-planned strategy on the part
of SIC which is hell-bent to tarnish my image and reputation.
The conduct of the SIC is biased and smacks of political
vendetta," Apang claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi