Apang has chest pain, hospitalised; doctors advise rest
Itanagar: Former Arunachal Pradesh chief
minister Gegong Apang, arrested for his alleged involvement in
a multi-crore PDS scam, complained of chest pain and was
admitted to a hospital here last night.
"Apang is suffering from high hypertension besides
acute chest pain and headache," said Dr Talar Motu, a medicine
specialist at the Rama Krishna Mission Hospital attending on
the Congress leader.
Apang underwent a CT scan and MRI this morning and as
he is a diabetic, he has been advised to stay in the hospital
for a few days, Motu said.
Several cabinet ministers including Home Minister Tako
Dabi and Health Minister Tanga Byaling visited Apang in
hospital last night.
Apang was arrested yesterday by the Special
Investigation Cell constituted by the Arunachal Pradesh
government and remanded in seven days police custody. He was
charged under several sections of IPC and Prevention of
Several false and fraudulent hill transport subsidy
bills were allegedly cleared without financial concurrence
when Apang was at the helm of affairs, resulting in heavy loss
to the state exchequer.
But Apang has dubbed his arrest as a political
conspiracy and demanded an impartial inquiry into the scam by
a competent and neutral agency like the CBI to unearth the
truth and punish the guilty.
"I appealed to the high court to review its decision
and to hand over the case to the CBI in the interest of the
people besides delivering proper justice," he told PTI.
"As a law-abiding citizen when I appeared before the
SIC yesterday to respond to the questionnaires made available
to me on August 20, to my utter surprise and shock, I was
arrested by the investigating agency without giving me any
opportunity to explain my side of the case," he said.
"It is nothing but a pre-planned strategy on the part
of SIC which is hell-bent to tarnish my image and reputation.
The conduct of the SIC is biased and smacks of political
vendetta," Apang claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- WBBSE 10th Madhyamik Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015 to be announced on May 22
- Don't know what will happen to my career, says Ranbir Kapoor
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22