Apang`s police remand extended by seven days more
Itanagar: With doctors attending on arrested
former Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Gegong Apang stating
that he was not in a position to make a statement, a court has
extended his police remand by seven days.
The court of district session judge in Assam`s Lakhimpur
district Tuesday extended the police remand of Apang,
arrested for alleged involvement in the Public Distribution
System (PDS) scam, for seven more days.
The court extended the remand on the ground that he was
yet to be interrogated by the Special Investigation Cell, the
agency which arrested him and is investigating the over 1,000
crore PDS scam.
Apang who was arrested and remanded to seven days police
custody on August 24 was hospitalised the same evening.
"Doctors attending on Apang told us that he is not in a
position to make a statement pertaining to the PDS case. Since
the Itanagar Permanent Bench of Gauhati High Court has already
rejected the bail petition of Apang on August 27, we
approached the court seeking extension of Apang`s police
remand," SIC head M S Chauhan said.
"Accordingly, the court yesterday while acknowledging our
plea extended his remand by seven more days," he said.
Apang has been suffering from diabetes and hypertension.
The state government has constituted a board of doctors on a
request by the SIC. The board headed by a senior medical
officer has reportedly been examining Apang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Zee Media Exclusive chat with 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' cast Kangana, Madhavan
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- CBSE Board 10th Results 2015: Cbse.nic.in & Cbseresults.nic class 10th X board exam results 2015 date announced
- LIVE SCORE: 1st Test, Day 2 - England vs New Zealand
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday