Apang`s police remand extended by seven days more
Itanagar: With doctors attending on arrested
former Arunachal Pradesh chief minister Gegong Apang stating
that he was not in a position to make a statement, a court has
extended his police remand by seven days.
The court of district session judge in Assam`s Lakhimpur
district Tuesday extended the police remand of Apang,
arrested for alleged involvement in the Public Distribution
System (PDS) scam, for seven more days.
The court extended the remand on the ground that he was
yet to be interrogated by the Special Investigation Cell, the
agency which arrested him and is investigating the over 1,000
crore PDS scam.
Apang who was arrested and remanded to seven days police
custody on August 24 was hospitalised the same evening.
"Doctors attending on Apang told us that he is not in a
position to make a statement pertaining to the PDS case. Since
the Itanagar Permanent Bench of Gauhati High Court has already
rejected the bail petition of Apang on August 27, we
approached the court seeking extension of Apang`s police
remand," SIC head M S Chauhan said.
"Accordingly, the court yesterday while acknowledging our
plea extended his remand by seven more days," he said.
Apang has been suffering from diabetes and hypertension.
The state government has constituted a board of doctors on a
request by the SIC. The board headed by a senior medical
officer has reportedly been examining Apang.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Couple in Bihar asked to pay Rs 50,000 as 'tax' for inter-caste marriage
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- Heatwave kills 223 in AP, Telangana, Chandrababu Naidu announces compensation; Delhi records hottest day
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- CBSE 12th Result 2015 to be announced on Monday
- Death threat to PM Narendra Modi ahead of Mathura rally sends police into tizzy
- Standoff with LG: Arvind Kejriwal calls emergency session of Delhi Assembly
- Organisation demands re-examination of AIPMT 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- CBSE Class 12th Board Results 2015 to be announced on Monday, May 25
- Top 5 shopping destinations in Delhi!
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title