APATD resolves to oppose Tipaimukh Dam
Aizawl: The Affected People`s Association of Tipaimukh Dam (APATD) on Thursday resolved that it would fight to the end to make the Centre stop the proposed construction of the dam as it would displace a large number of people.
"The authorities must take cognisance to the people`s concern and immediately stop construction of the proposed Tipaimukh dam, else people will fight to the end," said a resolution adopted at a meeting of APATD at Khawpuar.
Lalpekliana, APATD General Secretary, said the height of the proposed dam would be 162.8 metres and it would submerge an estimated area of 31,950 hectares, displacing a large number of people living in the villages of Manipur and Mizoram.
The rich biodiversity in the area would also be destroyed, he said.
APATD president Lalthulien Joute also said that no amount of money could compensate for the loss of land and livelihood to be destroyed by the proposed dam.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie