Appoint home minister in Arunachal: Students` body
Itanagar: The All Nyishi Students` Union (ANSU) on Wednesday threatened to call a bandh to demand immediate appointment of home minister and arrest of culprits involved in the recent murder of a student in Arunachal Pradesh.
In a statement, ANSU president Sikka Gapak said a 12-hour capital Itanagar bandh will be called on June 11 if the demands are not fulfilled till then.
The student leader alleged that law and order had deteriorated and crime graph was on rise in the hill state with incidents of murder, dacoit and rape in recent past.
Referring to the gruesome killing of a civil engineering student Bomjen Gapak near Itanagar in May, Gapak lamented that the culprits were still at large.
The union`s other demands include setting up of two additional police stations in Naharlagun and Itanagar, an all-women police station, revamping of security system in Capital Complex by installing CCTV cameras and providing compensation to the families affected by `incursions` from Assam side from Bhalukpong to Dollungmukh.
He said appointment of a home minister of cabinet rank was the need of the hour to correct the situation. Currently, chief minister Nabam Tuki is holding the home portfolio.
"A strong stand with remedial measures is also to be taken along the inter-state boundary where our people are suffering due to numerous incursions from the Assam side," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi