Arms dealer with huge weapons arrested in Imphal
Imphal: An arms dealer was arrested after a large number of weapons were allegedly found in his possession during a massive search operation in Imphal east district of Manipur.
Superintendent of Police (Imphal east district) Kamei Angam said following a tip-off, a police team led by officer in charge of district commandos inspector Achouba Meitei searched Shingjamei Bheigyabati Leikai area near here yesterday.
During the operation, an arms dealer identified as Khetrimayum Umakanta (44) was arrested. A single barrel country-made rifle, two country-made pistols, one country-made air pistol and large number of ammunition were recovered from his possession.
Angam said Umakanta allegedly manufactured the country-made weapons.He is in police custody for further interrogation.
In another incident, Imphal east district police commandos yesterday arrested three militants of Kangleipak Communist Party (Military Task Force) during search operation at Wangkhei Ayang Palli area in the district, police said.
Sources identified the militants as N Gogonbihari (25), L Bobi (35) and LisamAbung (21). Two mobile phones, party`s extortion letters and some other underground materials were recovered from them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?