Arms meant for KPLT seized
Kohima: A cache of arms to be supplied to
newly floated Karbi People’s Liberation Tigers (KPLT)
operating in bordering Karbi Anglong district of Assam was
seized and a person was arrested at Dimapur, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip off, Dimapur police along with army
yesterday seized the consignment at Dilai inter-state gate and
arrested the suspected arms dealer. The recovery of arms
included a M-16 rifle, 72 rounds of ammunition, 66 rounds of
7.62 ammunition and two M-16 magazines.
In another incident, Dimapur police apprehended an
extortionist in Industrial Estate area of the town when the
accused was collecting money at gun point from houses and
Residents of the area informed police about the extortion
drive by the accused who claimed that he was collecting money
on behalf of NSCN(I-M), police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- 'Selfie with daughter' controversy: Bollywood supports Shruti Seth
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer