Arms meant for KPLT seized
Kohima: A cache of arms to be supplied to
newly floated Karbi People’s Liberation Tigers (KPLT)
operating in bordering Karbi Anglong district of Assam was
seized and a person was arrested at Dimapur, police said on Tuesday.
Acting on a tip off, Dimapur police along with army
yesterday seized the consignment at Dilai inter-state gate and
arrested the suspected arms dealer. The recovery of arms
included a M-16 rifle, 72 rounds of ammunition, 66 rounds of
7.62 ammunition and two M-16 magazines.
In another incident, Dimapur police apprehended an
extortionist in Industrial Estate area of the town when the
accused was collecting money at gun point from houses and
Residents of the area informed police about the extortion
drive by the accused who claimed that he was collecting money
on behalf of NSCN(I-M), police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!