Army Eastern Command chief reviews security in northeast
Agartala: Eastern India`s Army chief Lt Gen MMS Rai on Friday reviewed the security situation of Tripura and mobilisation of Army and paramilitary forces in the northeastern state, bordering Bangladesh, an official said.
"The General Officer Commanding (GOC-in-C) in-charge of Eastern Command, Lt Gen Rai, during the past few days has visited Nagaland and Manipur before arriving in Tripura," an official of the Indian Army told a news agency.
"During his visit, Lt Gen Rai met senior Army and Assam Rifles officials and reviewed the situation in Tripura, Nagaland and Manipur," the official added.
Lt Gen Rai also met Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar and Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and discussed various security aspects.
The Indian Army soldiers and Assam rifles paramilitary troopers are engaged in counter-insurgency operations against terrorists in Assam, Manipur, Nagaland and Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands