Army Eastern Command chief reviews security in northeast
Agartala: Eastern India`s Army chief Lt Gen MMS Rai on Friday reviewed the security situation of Tripura and mobilisation of Army and paramilitary forces in the northeastern state, bordering Bangladesh, an official said.
"The General Officer Commanding (GOC-in-C) in-charge of Eastern Command, Lt Gen Rai, during the past few days has visited Nagaland and Manipur before arriving in Tripura," an official of the Indian Army told a news agency.
"During his visit, Lt Gen Rai met senior Army and Assam Rifles officials and reviewed the situation in Tripura, Nagaland and Manipur," the official added.
Lt Gen Rai also met Tripura Governor Devanand Konwar and Chief Minister Manik Sarkar and discussed various security aspects.
The Indian Army soldiers and Assam rifles paramilitary troopers are engaged in counter-insurgency operations against terrorists in Assam, Manipur, Nagaland and Tripura.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok