Army, IAF officials meet Arunachal CM
Itanagar: Top officials of the Army and Air Force (IAF) on Monday met Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki and discussed core issues related to the activities of the armed forces in the state.
While Shillong based Eastern Air Command Air Vice Marshal Praveen Bhatt discussed issues related to DM (Designated Marskman) range of the IAF and other activities in the frontier state, Tezpur based 4 Corp GoC Lt Gen C A Krishnan took up the issues of land requisition and road communication in the border state for Army activities, official sources said.
Assuring cooperation from the state government for Army and IAF activities in the state, Tuki reiterated his appeal for taking into confidence the local populace wherever the Indian Armed Force operated or were based.
Taking note of the raising of the second battalion of Arunachal Scouts, he requested the Army to recruit as many local youths as possible.
Pointing out that local youths hardly make headway in qualifying for the recruitment tests, Tuki sought help from the Army as well as the IAF to conduct pre-recruitment training camps so that more locals were equipped to qualify.
The Air Vice Marshall informed the CM that during recruitment for running of advanced landing grounds (ALGs) in the state, only eligible local youths would be preferred.
Meanwhile, Tuki expressed his gratitude to Army Chief Gen Bikram Singh for his assurance to establish a Sainik School in Arunachal Pradesh during their last meeting at New Delhi.
He assured to provide a suitable plot of land, possibly within the vicinity of the state capital, for establishment of the same.
On the issue of land acquisition for the army, Tuki asked the Chief Secretary to call a meeting of all deputy commissioners concerned and give a timeline for completion of the processes so that projects were implemented immediately without any hindrance, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre