Army officer assaulted by Assam police personnel
Guwahati: Taking strong exception to the assault on one of its officers allegedly by Assam police constables here after his car collided with their vehicle, the Army on Sunday said it has launched an inquiry into the incident.
"The officer in the rank of Lieutenant Colonel was
injured when he was assaulted by the policemen after his car
collided with their vehicle at Jalukbari area of the city
yesterday," Army spokesman Ranjib Sahu told a news agency here today.
Lt Col Rohit Behl was travelling with his family when he was assaulted even after he disclosed his identity and subsequently an FIR was registered with the police, he said.
The police version of the incident has been noted and the Army would hold an internal inquiry, he said adding a simultaneous probe will be done to identify the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!