Army officer assaulted by Assam police personnel
Guwahati: Taking strong exception to the assault on one of its officers allegedly by Assam police constables here after his car collided with their vehicle, the Army on Sunday said it has launched an inquiry into the incident.
"The officer in the rank of Lieutenant Colonel was
injured when he was assaulted by the policemen after his car
collided with their vehicle at Jalukbari area of the city
yesterday," Army spokesman Ranjib Sahu told a news agency here today.
Lt Col Rohit Behl was travelling with his family when he was assaulted even after he disclosed his identity and subsequently an FIR was registered with the police, he said.
The police version of the incident has been noted and the Army would hold an internal inquiry, he said adding a simultaneous probe will be done to identify the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list