Army officer assaulted by Assam police personnel
Guwahati: Taking strong exception to the assault on one of its officers allegedly by Assam police constables here after his car collided with their vehicle, the Army on Sunday said it has launched an inquiry into the incident.
"The officer in the rank of Lieutenant Colonel was
injured when he was assaulted by the policemen after his car
collided with their vehicle at Jalukbari area of the city
yesterday," Army spokesman Ranjib Sahu told a news agency here today.
Lt Col Rohit Behl was travelling with his family when he was assaulted even after he disclosed his identity and subsequently an FIR was registered with the police, he said.
The police version of the incident has been noted and the Army would hold an internal inquiry, he said adding a simultaneous probe will be done to identify the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?