Army officer under CBI scanner for alleged graft
Guwahati: CBI has registered a case against
an Army Major for allegedly accepting a bribe of Rs 25,000 in
exchange of official work.
The officer, Major Mohan Singh was working as Assistant
Garrison Engineer, Military Engineer Services (MES), Umroi
Cantonment (Assam) under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
"It was alleged in the complaint that the accused had
demanded Rs 50,000 as bribe for clearing pending bills of
the complainant and also for issuing fresh work order for
maintenance works," a CBI spokesperson said in a statement
A trap was laid and the accused was caught red handed
while demanding and accepting a bribe Rs 25,000 as part
payment of the amount demanded from the complainant.
"Further investigation is in progress," the statement
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez