Army personnel involved in dacoity
Guwahati/Dimapur: A case of alleged
involvement of two Army personnel, including a woman Captain,
has come to light in a dacoity in upper Assam`s Jorhat
township, the police said on Tuesday.
The police said two army personnel were among about 12
dacoits who raided the house of Poona Gogoi, a contractor with
the military engineering service, and looted a pistol, goods
worth Rs 1.5 lakh and three mobile handsets last week.
Among the armed dacoits were two army personnel
including a Captain ranked woman officer belonging to the
intelligence and surveillance unit of the Army`s three corps,
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasor said.
Stating that the matter has been reported to the
higher authorities here, Parasor said more information would
be known after the arrest of the culprits.
Meanwhile, a Dimapur report quoting sources with the
three corps army said the matter has been taken "very
seriously" by the authorities.
"We have asked for all details of the incident from
the civil administration," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Awkward! Watch Aditi Rao Hydari speaks about Farhan Akhtar’s divorce!
- Shahi Imam meets PM Modi, demands innocent Muslims must not be harassed in name of fighting ISIS
- 12 men rape British teen girl for over 13 months; slapped with 140 years in jail
- Mahendra Singh Dhoni: I allow bowlers to set the field in T20 cricket
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing