Army personnel involved in dacoity
Guwahati/Dimapur: A case of alleged
involvement of two Army personnel, including a woman Captain,
has come to light in a dacoity in upper Assam`s Jorhat
township, the police said on Tuesday.
The police said two army personnel were among about 12
dacoits who raided the house of Poona Gogoi, a contractor with
the military engineering service, and looted a pistol, goods
worth Rs 1.5 lakh and three mobile handsets last week.
Among the armed dacoits were two army personnel
including a Captain ranked woman officer belonging to the
intelligence and surveillance unit of the Army`s three corps,
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasor said.
Stating that the matter has been reported to the
higher authorities here, Parasor said more information would
be known after the arrest of the culprits.
Meanwhile, a Dimapur report quoting sources with the
three corps army said the matter has been taken "very
seriously" by the authorities.
"We have asked for all details of the incident from
the civil administration," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal