Army personnel involved in dacoity
Guwahati/Dimapur: A case of alleged
involvement of two Army personnel, including a woman Captain,
has come to light in a dacoity in upper Assam`s Jorhat
township, the police said on Tuesday.
The police said two army personnel were among about 12
dacoits who raided the house of Poona Gogoi, a contractor with
the military engineering service, and looted a pistol, goods
worth Rs 1.5 lakh and three mobile handsets last week.
Among the armed dacoits were two army personnel
including a Captain ranked woman officer belonging to the
intelligence and surveillance unit of the Army`s three corps,
Jorhat Superintendent of Police Sanjukta Parasor said.
Stating that the matter has been reported to the
higher authorities here, Parasor said more information would
be known after the arrest of the culprits.
Meanwhile, a Dimapur report quoting sources with the
three corps army said the matter has been taken "very
seriously" by the authorities.
"We have asked for all details of the incident from
the civil administration," the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee?
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part II
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part III
- Did history fail to serve justice to Dr Shyama Prasad Mukherjee? - Part IV
- Are central govt employees justified in demanding salary hike?
- Neymar, Douglas Costa named in Brazil's Olympic squad
- Germany desperate to rewrite history against Italy in Euro 2016 quarter-final
- Playing with lives of soldiers? Jawans in Siachen may have been given substandard snow suits to fight -60 deg C
- Euro 2016: Spain veteran Iker Casillas hints at retirement after team's defeat against Italy
- Jailed ex-MP Shahabuddin shifted to AIIMS