Arrest of NSCN-IM cadre ordered for molesting film actress
Imphal: The arrest of NSCN(IM) cadre identified as Livingston has been ordered for molesting a Manipuri film actress, Momoka, in Chandel district, Home minister Gaikhangam told the state assembly on Thursday.
Giving a suo moto statement in the House following media reports, Gaikhangam said top police officials have been asked to arrest Livingstone so that action could be initiated against him as per provisions of law.
Raising the issue during zero hour, Leader of the Opposition I Ibohalbi said Livingstone molested Momoka who was a compere at a song competition at the playground of a high school in Chandel district on December 18.
The NSCN-IM militant also fired in the air to scare away two other artists during the function, he said.
Meanwhile, several social organisations including a film artists association which called on the home minister and other state leaders demanded immediate arrest of Livingstone who is stated to be a relative of Chandel MLA, Victor.
They said Livingstone touched Momoka ignoring her protests and pulled her hair and used vulgar language while brandishing a gun as artists and the police watched the situation helplessly.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mobile, internet services restored in Jammu, restrictions continue in Kashmir Valley
- GST expectations buoy equity markets; Sensex trading at 28,121
- Four Pakistan-backed terrorists killed, 1 apprehended in J&K's Naugam, encounter on
- National Museum gets new chief and he has an Ayodhya connection
- Solar Impulse 2 completes historic round-the-world trip: Incredible welcome for pilots in Abu Dhabi (Watch)