Arrest of terrorists weekend of `major successes`: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Sunday termed it a
weekend of "major successes" with the arrest of terrorists and
militants in Gujarat, Maharashtra and Manipur.
While the Maharashtra ATS arrested two terror suspects
Abdul Latif alias Guddu and Riyaz Ali from Mumbai, the Gujarat
ATS arrested Bashir Ahmed Baba alias "Pepsi bomber" from Anand
while in Manipur, the chief of Kanglei Yawol Kunna Lup (KYKL)
was arrested by security forces.
"This weekend we have had three major successes. One
module has been busted in Maharashtra in Mumbai, which the
Maharashtra ATS has already made statement.... We have another
module being busted in Gujarat of the Hizbul Mujahideen and
KYKL chief of the army has been arrested in Manipur also... so
it`s been good...," Union Home Secretary G K Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- BJP can give even Dawood Ibrahim a clean chit: Digvijay Singh
- India likely to rest MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli for Zimbabwe tour
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- MEA declines information on Lalit Modi's passport issue, draws flak