Arrest of terrorists weekend of `major successes`: Govt
New Delhi: The government on Sunday termed it a
weekend of "major successes" with the arrest of terrorists and
militants in Gujarat, Maharashtra and Manipur.
While the Maharashtra ATS arrested two terror suspects
Abdul Latif alias Guddu and Riyaz Ali from Mumbai, the Gujarat
ATS arrested Bashir Ahmed Baba alias "Pepsi bomber" from Anand
while in Manipur, the chief of Kanglei Yawol Kunna Lup (KYKL)
was arrested by security forces.
"This weekend we have had three major successes. One
module has been busted in Maharashtra in Mumbai, which the
Maharashtra ATS has already made statement.... We have another
module being busted in Gujarat of the Hizbul Mujahideen and
KYKL chief of the army has been arrested in Manipur also... so
it`s been good...," Union Home Secretary G K Pillai said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'