Arrest warrant against DHD-J `commander-in-chief`
Guwahati: An arrest warrant has been issued
against DHD-Jewel `commander-in-chief` Niranjan Hojai, who is
now at large from a designated camp in Assam`s North Cachar
Hills district, the Assam assembly was informed on Monday.
Replying on behalf of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi in the
assembly, Forest Minister Rockybul Hussain said an arrest
action would be taken against him as per law.
Answering questions by Hiren Das of AGP, Hussain said
Niranjan and 15 other Dima Halam Daogah(Jewel) cadres had fled
from Jatinga designated camp.
The other militants who escaped from designated camps
included seven DHD(Nunisa) faction men from a camp each in N C
Hills and Karbi Anglong, 40 NDFB ultras from Baksa and
Kokrajhar, besides five ULFA militants from Kakopathar, he
Insurgents lodged in designated camps included 282
United Peoples Democratic Solidarity, 620 DHD(Nunisa), 963
National Democratic Front Bodoland, 600 Birsa commando Force,
575 Cobra Militants of assam, 170 from ULFA`s 28th battalion,
416 DHD(J) and 407 Karbi Longri National Liberation Front, the
As per the ceasefire ground rules, the undergrounds are
required to stay in the government designated camps, deposit
their arms, not indulge in extortion and in return would be
provided finance by the government for their day-to-day
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred