Arrest warrant against DHD-J `commander-in-chief`
Guwahati: An arrest warrant has been issued
against DHD-Jewel `commander-in-chief` Niranjan Hojai, who is
now at large from a designated camp in Assam`s North Cachar
Hills district, the Assam assembly was informed on Monday.
Replying on behalf of Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi in the
assembly, Forest Minister Rockybul Hussain said an arrest
action would be taken against him as per law.
Answering questions by Hiren Das of AGP, Hussain said
Niranjan and 15 other Dima Halam Daogah(Jewel) cadres had fled
from Jatinga designated camp.
The other militants who escaped from designated camps
included seven DHD(Nunisa) faction men from a camp each in N C
Hills and Karbi Anglong, 40 NDFB ultras from Baksa and
Kokrajhar, besides five ULFA militants from Kakopathar, he
Insurgents lodged in designated camps included 282
United Peoples Democratic Solidarity, 620 DHD(Nunisa), 963
National Democratic Front Bodoland, 600 Birsa commando Force,
575 Cobra Militants of assam, 170 from ULFA`s 28th battalion,
416 DHD(J) and 407 Karbi Longri National Liberation Front, the
As per the ceasefire ground rules, the undergrounds are
required to stay in the government designated camps, deposit
their arms, not indulge in extortion and in return would be
provided finance by the government for their day-to-day
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why