Arrest warrant against village pradhan
Imphal: A court in Thoubal district has issued arrest warrants against panchayat functionaries of Waikhong panchayat and a sub-postmaster for allegedly embezzling wages of MGNREGS job card holders.
Judicial Magistrate Ist Class (Thoubal district) yesterday issued arrest warrants against Waikhong panchayat Pradhan-E Deben, panchayat secretary K Chaopok Kom, Waikhong post office sub-postmaster M Chandrika, ward members T Ibemcha, N Keinaton, Kh Ngouba, C Gopal, S Lalbabu and Y Lolini and asked police to produce them before court on September 10.
The Judicial Magistrate issued the arrest warrants following complaints filed by six individuals Abujam Shyam, Sanasam Prakash, Soibam Basanta, Khuraijam Nimai, Chirom Manaoyaima and Khumanthem Raghu, separately on August 27 last, said Human Rights Law Network Executive Director Rakesh Meihoubam, an advocate who also contended on behalf of the petitioners.
According to the complaints the members of the panchayat were allegedly keeping job cards as well as bank passbooks of the job card holders with them instead of giving it to the job card holders.
After drawing money from the savings account of job-card holders, the ward members distributed the money after deducting certain percentage, Meihoubam alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Discussion over if Pak is in fear of war after India's stringent initiative on Uri terror attack?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3