Arrest warrant against village pradhan
Imphal: A court in Thoubal district has issued arrest warrants against panchayat functionaries of Waikhong panchayat and a sub-postmaster for allegedly embezzling wages of MGNREGS job card holders.
Judicial Magistrate Ist Class (Thoubal district) yesterday issued arrest warrants against Waikhong panchayat Pradhan-E Deben, panchayat secretary K Chaopok Kom, Waikhong post office sub-postmaster M Chandrika, ward members T Ibemcha, N Keinaton, Kh Ngouba, C Gopal, S Lalbabu and Y Lolini and asked police to produce them before court on September 10.
The Judicial Magistrate issued the arrest warrants following complaints filed by six individuals Abujam Shyam, Sanasam Prakash, Soibam Basanta, Khuraijam Nimai, Chirom Manaoyaima and Khumanthem Raghu, separately on August 27 last, said Human Rights Law Network Executive Director Rakesh Meihoubam, an advocate who also contended on behalf of the petitioners.
According to the complaints the members of the panchayat were allegedly keeping job cards as well as bank passbooks of the job card holders with them instead of giving it to the job card holders.
After drawing money from the savings account of job-card holders, the ward members distributed the money after deducting certain percentage, Meihoubam alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trouble mounts for Salman Khan as driver reiterates that actor killed blackbuck
- PM Modi to chair NITI aayog meeting today
- Narsingh Yadav dope scandal: NADA set to announce verdict today
- Protests in Kashmir were fuelled by LeT: Hafiz Saeed
- Cabinet approves changes to GST Bill, drops 1% additional tax
- Concerned by amended child labour bill in India: UN
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq set for second stint as England spin guru
- Rio 2016: Note perfect Andy Murray ready for more Olympic glory
- Chinese incursion in Uttarakhand clear case of intelligence failure: Defence Expert
- Genelia D'Souza shared this really CUTE picture with son! Picture inside