Arrest warrant against village pradhan
Imphal: A court in Thoubal district has issued arrest warrants against panchayat functionaries of Waikhong panchayat and a sub-postmaster for allegedly embezzling wages of MGNREGS job card holders.
Judicial Magistrate Ist Class (Thoubal district) yesterday issued arrest warrants against Waikhong panchayat Pradhan-E Deben, panchayat secretary K Chaopok Kom, Waikhong post office sub-postmaster M Chandrika, ward members T Ibemcha, N Keinaton, Kh Ngouba, C Gopal, S Lalbabu and Y Lolini and asked police to produce them before court on September 10.
The Judicial Magistrate issued the arrest warrants following complaints filed by six individuals Abujam Shyam, Sanasam Prakash, Soibam Basanta, Khuraijam Nimai, Chirom Manaoyaima and Khumanthem Raghu, separately on August 27 last, said Human Rights Law Network Executive Director Rakesh Meihoubam, an advocate who also contended on behalf of the petitioners.
According to the complaints the members of the panchayat were allegedly keeping job cards as well as bank passbooks of the job card holders with them instead of giving it to the job card holders.
After drawing money from the savings account of job-card holders, the ward members distributed the money after deducting certain percentage, Meihoubam alleged.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demand ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!