Aruanchal CM asks panchayat leaders to work hard
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has called upon the panchayat leaders to work hard for a better future of the state and to make it economically self-reliant in all spheres.
The appeal came in when a delegation of All Arunachal Pradesh Panchayati Raj Coordination Committee (APPRCC) headed by chairman Sushil Nalo and secretary Sangha Tajik called on him at his office yesterday regarding devolution of three functions - finance, function and functionaries to the panchayats, official sources said today.
During the discussion, Tuki said that since the Panchayat was a constitutional body, the devolution of power to the Panchayats was mandatory as per Article 243 of Indian Constitution.
The chief minister also directed the departments concerned to purchase vehicle for zila parishad chairmen by hundred per cent funding from government immediately, besides assuring to provide rupees one crore fund to each zila parishad to meet some urgent development need and fill up some critical gaps, the sources said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mumbai: Police arrests 4 schoolboys for raping classmate
- Haryana minister Anil Vij gets into spat with Fatehabad SP Sangeeta Kalia
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's full speech in Parliament
- Panel discussion on Farooq Abdullah's controversial statement on PoK
- DNA: Heart-wrenching stories of Kashmiri pandits
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife
- Muslim man sends 'talaq' SMS to wife after learning about her gang-rape
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's speech in Parliament on Constitution debate
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- ISL 2015: NorthEast United FC vs Delhi Dynamos - Preview