Aruanchal CM asks panchayat leaders to work hard
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Nabam Tuki has called upon the panchayat leaders to work hard for a better future of the state and to make it economically self-reliant in all spheres.
The appeal came in when a delegation of All Arunachal Pradesh Panchayati Raj Coordination Committee (APPRCC) headed by chairman Sushil Nalo and secretary Sangha Tajik called on him at his office yesterday regarding devolution of three functions - finance, function and functionaries to the panchayats, official sources said today.
During the discussion, Tuki said that since the Panchayat was a constitutional body, the devolution of power to the Panchayats was mandatory as per Article 243 of Indian Constitution.
The chief minister also directed the departments concerned to purchase vehicle for zila parishad chairmen by hundred per cent funding from government immediately, besides assuring to provide rupees one crore fund to each zila parishad to meet some urgent development need and fill up some critical gaps, the sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'