Arunachal: 39 marooned people rescued by IAF
Itanagar: At least 39 marooned people including 12 children, who were stranded between the branches of Lohit river since last four days in the Lohit district, were rescued by Indian Air Force Saturday evening despite inclement weather, official sources said.
All the rescued persons were shifted to relief camp, Lohit Deputy Commissioner R K Sharma informed.
Seventy-five people were also rescued at Sunpura with the help of country boat from Lapsing village and sheltered at relief camp, official sources said.
Numbers of inmates are increasing in all the relief camps in the district. Flood water of Denning and Tezukhola inundated Tezu Township, government quarters, Krick and Boury School and private building today.
Over 3000 people are affected by flood in the district even as a high level team comprising state Planning, Finance and PWD Minister Chowna Mein and WRD Minister Newlai Tingkhatra alongwith government officials conducted an aerial survey of Lohit.
The team while taking stock of the situation distributed an amount of Rs 10 lakh each to Lohit and Changlang Deputy Commissioners besides five lakh each to the Bordumsa, Namsai, Jairampur and Miao Additional DCs as immediate relief fund, official sources informed.
The Nao Dehing River which is flowing above the red mark inundated more than three hundred households in Bijoypur-I and Bijoypur-III, sources said.
Tingkhatra announced an amount of ten lakh for immediate flood protection works from Emergent Flood Control (EFC) fund and handed over two lakhs from chief minister`s Relief Fund.
"Due to change in its course, the Nao Dehing River damaged more than 35 hectares land in two days including roads, Bordumsa Additional DC K Riba informed the team.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH