Arunachal announces 13 % hike in DA, DR
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh government on Tuesday announced 13 per cent hike in Dearness Allowance (DA) and Dearness Relief (DR) for state government employees from July 1 last.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki had approved the enhancement on Novernment 23 last after constant demand by the Confederation of Services Associations of Arunachal Pradesh (CoSAAP), the umbrella organisation of the employees.
As per a government notification issued today, the DA payable to state government employees would be enhanced from the existing of 65 per cent to 72 per cent.
The additional instalment of DA payable under this order would be paid in cash to all state government employees.
In a similar notification, the state government has also approved enhancement of DR, payable to state government and family pensioners from the existing rate of 65 per cent to 72 per cent with effect from July 1 last.
While approving the enhancements and subsequent release of DA and DR, the chief minister expressed hope that the state government employees would reciprocate positively and re-dedicate themselves in the service of the state and its citizens.
Ours is a people’s government. We are committed to look after the welfare of our employees, who are the backbone of the government. Let us work together for the greater interest of our people,? he said in a statement from New Delhi.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened