Arunachal approves implementation of National Food Security Ordinance
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh cabinet has approved implementation of the National Food Security Ordinance in the state which is slated to be launched on August 20 next, initially in three circles.
In the first place the ordinance would come in place in Western Zone comprising Jamiri in West Kameng and Mukto in Tawang, in Central Zone Dollunghmukh in Lower Subansiri, Kangkhu in West Siang, Koyu in East Siang and in Eastern Zone Vijaynagar, Namtok and Nampong.
These would be as pilot projects, government spokesman Nabum Rebia said in a communiqu in Itanagar on Sunday. The existing below poverty line (BPL) beneficiaries in these circles will be issued priority Household Ration Cards to launch the scheme. The rest locations will be covered in the next phase, he said.
The cabinet in its sitting here on Thursday last also approved commencement of academic session and activities in five polytechnics at Dirang in West Kameng, Laying (Kurung Kumey), Namsai (Lohit), Pasighat (East Siang) and Roing in Lower Dibang Valley from the current year.
These polytechnics will start functioning with few disciplines like Civil, Electrical, Mechanical and Computer Science and Engineering from this year with an intake capacity of 90 students, per institution, Rebia said.
In the backdrop of number of power projects starting in next couple of years which would require technical expertise, the government felt it imperative to train local youth to cater their needs, he added.
Regarding devolution of power to the Panchayati Raj Institution, the cabinet decided that the report of Expert Committee and recommendations of the State Finance Commission would be examined and placed before the cabinet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users