Arunachal, Assam agree to keep status-quo till SC order
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh and Assam have agreed to maintain status-quo in letter and spirit till the Supreme Court delivers its verdict on the decades-old inter-state boundary issue.
Following recent area disputes at Tarasso area under Arunachal`s Papum Pare district, a joint meeting of deputy commissioners of Papum Pare and Assam`s Sonitpur districts was held at Tezpur on Monday last, official sources said here today.
After threadbare discussion, both sides agreed to maintain status-quo and to initiate action against fresh encroachers on either side of the border, the sources said.
The situation at Tarasso was discussed at length wherein SDO Biswanath Chariali, DFO Sonitpur and SP Sonitpur assured to initiate appropriate action against the encroachers from Assam side, sources claimed here.
It was further decided that a joint sitting of Forest officials of both districts should be convened at the earliest and a report be submitted to both the DCs so that a joint visit could be made in and around Tarasso area, sources informed.
During the meeting, the Papum Pare DC and SP suggested that a joint meeting of similar nature be conducted between the East Kameng district and Sonitpur district authorities so that peace and tranquility was kept for benefit of communities living along the border, sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM