Arunachal, Assam to resolve border issues through dialogue
Guwahati: Neighbours Assam and Arunachal
Pradesh have decided to solve their border disputes and other
issues, including militancy, through dialogue.
"The boundary areas have become a safe haven for
criminals and large-scale deforestation is on. This has to be
stopped mutually between the two states," Arunachal Pradesh
Home Minister Tako Dabi told reporters here.
The minister was here to meet Assam Chief Minister Tarun
Voicing concern over ultras of Assam taking shelter in
the jungles of Arunachal Pradesh, Dabi said he had apprised
Gogi of the problem and stressed on the necessity of sharing
intelligence inputs between the police of the two states.
On the frequent bandh calls in Assam, Dabi alleged this
was hampering movement of Mizo people as it shared common
routes with the neighbouring state.
The minister also urged Gogoi to provide proper security
to the people travelling to Arunachal Pradesh through Assam
during such bandhs.
Sabarkantha Inspector of Land Record H M Dhanak said
more than 25 land owners have filed the complaint regarding
encroachment on their land by the people in adjacent land
which is part of Rajasthan state.
Besides SDM Kotra, Rajasthan team includes Assistant
Settlement officer, Udaipur, Deputy Superintendent of Police,
Kotra, Udaipur, Assistant Forest officer, Kotra, Tehsildar,
Kotra, Settlement Inspector, Udaipur, and Inspector forest
While Gujarat Team included Sabarkantha district
Surveyor, Taluka Surveyor, Range Forest officer, Poshina, and
police staffers of Poshina Taluka.
"What seems as the first exercise to end the pending
disputes between the two states is welcome initiative and is
likely to bear the fruits this time," said Sabarkantha
resident deputy collector Kishore Bachani.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- PM Modi breaks silence on Dadri lynching incident
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Salman Khan's songs: Best five!
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands