Arunachal assured of central help for minorities development
Itanagar: Union Minority Affairs Minister Najma A Heptulla has assured Arunachal Pradesh of her department`s assistance for overall development of the minorities in the mountain state.
She gave an assurance to BJP State President Tai Tagak and General Secretary Dominic Tadar when they called on her in New Delhi yesterday.
During the meeting, Heptulla said the Centre was contemplating introducing several new schemes and programmes soon for the development of minorities in the country, a party release said here today.
Tagak and Tadar discussed with her a wide range of issues concerning minorities` welfare and development in the north east especially education, health and other services, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- 'Second Hand Husband' review: Fails to impress