Arunachal assured of central help for minorities development
Itanagar: Union Minority Affairs Minister Najma A Heptulla has assured Arunachal Pradesh of her department`s assistance for overall development of the minorities in the mountain state.
She gave an assurance to BJP State President Tai Tagak and General Secretary Dominic Tadar when they called on her in New Delhi yesterday.
During the meeting, Heptulla said the Centre was contemplating introducing several new schemes and programmes soon for the development of minorities in the country, a party release said here today.
Tagak and Tadar discussed with her a wide range of issues concerning minorities` welfare and development in the north east especially education, health and other services, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video