Arunachal assured of central help for minorities development
Itanagar: Union Minority Affairs Minister Najma A Heptulla has assured Arunachal Pradesh of her department`s assistance for overall development of the minorities in the mountain state.
She gave an assurance to BJP State President Tai Tagak and General Secretary Dominic Tadar when they called on her in New Delhi yesterday.
During the meeting, Heptulla said the Centre was contemplating introducing several new schemes and programmes soon for the development of minorities in the country, a party release said here today.
Tagak and Tadar discussed with her a wide range of issues concerning minorities` welfare and development in the north east especially education, health and other services, the release said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed