Arunachal awaiting sanction of DoNER for power proposal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Power (Electrical) Minister Tanga Byaling today informed that the state government was awaiting sanction of a project proposal submitted to the DoNER Ministry amounting to Rs. 1800 crore for construction of state`s own power grid and sub stations to minimise power transmission and distribution loss.
Responding to a question raised in the assembly by BJP MLA Tamiyo Taga, Byaling disclosed that the state government had requested the Union Ministry of Power for funding from World Bank along with the projects of other North Eastern states but the proposal could not materialize because of objection raised by China who, claims Arunachal Pradesh as part of its territory.
The aggregate transmission, distribution and commercial loss of the state is around 60 per cent which is mainly due to long transmission and distribution lines, non-payment of electricity bills by the consumers and illegal power tapping,? he pointed out.
He said the department was planning to install pre-paid energy meters and remote metering system beginning from the state capital which would enhance revenue collection efficiency.
The proposal to install pre-paid energy meters and remote metering system will be submitted to the state government soon for Itanagar and Naharlagun as a pilot project for Rs 35 crore, he disclosed.
The department conducts verification annually on reconciliation of revenue remittance statement with treasury and action has been taken against those employees associated with revenue matters, who have been found guilty. So far the department has taken action against three sub-divisional officers, one upper divisional clerk and three meter readers, he added.
Responding to a supplementary, the minister informed that the department has collected a revenue of Rs 80.53 crore during 2011-12 and an amount of Rs 73.82 crore till February in the current financial year.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata