Arunachal awaiting sanction of DoNER for power proposal
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Power (Electrical) Minister Tanga Byaling today informed that the state government was awaiting sanction of a project proposal submitted to the DoNER Ministry amounting to Rs. 1800 crore for construction of state`s own power grid and sub stations to minimise power transmission and distribution loss.
Responding to a question raised in the assembly by BJP MLA Tamiyo Taga, Byaling disclosed that the state government had requested the Union Ministry of Power for funding from World Bank along with the projects of other North Eastern states but the proposal could not materialize because of objection raised by China who, claims Arunachal Pradesh as part of its territory.
The aggregate transmission, distribution and commercial loss of the state is around 60 per cent which is mainly due to long transmission and distribution lines, non-payment of electricity bills by the consumers and illegal power tapping,? he pointed out.
He said the department was planning to install pre-paid energy meters and remote metering system beginning from the state capital which would enhance revenue collection efficiency.
The proposal to install pre-paid energy meters and remote metering system will be submitted to the state government soon for Itanagar and Naharlagun as a pilot project for Rs 35 crore, he disclosed.
The department conducts verification annually on reconciliation of revenue remittance statement with treasury and action has been taken against those employees associated with revenue matters, who have been found guilty. So far the department has taken action against three sub-divisional officers, one upper divisional clerk and three meter readers, he added.
Responding to a supplementary, the minister informed that the department has collected a revenue of Rs 80.53 crore during 2011-12 and an amount of Rs 73.82 crore till February in the current financial year.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed