Arunachal BJP condemns diesel price hike
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of BJP has strongly condemned the Centre’s decision to allow oil marketing companies to hike diesel prices from time to time as it will have a cascading effect on the prices of various essential commodities and goods in the local markets.
"It seems the Congress led UPA government is concerned about the welfare of the corporate sectors.
"The government, instead of providing relief, is increasing prices," BJP Arunachal Pradesh spokesperson Tai Tagak said in a statement today.
The UPA government has partially deregulated diesel prices by announcing that the price of the fuel would be decided by oil marketing companies.
Oil marketing companies announced an increase of 45 paise per litre in the price of diesel late Thursday evening effective midnight.
Tagak said that the raising of the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine is a farce only.
"UPA government had announced that the Congress ruled states will provide three more subsidised cylinders in addition to six in September-October, last but the same has not been implemented in Arunachal Pradesh till date," Tagak said.
The BJP demanded immediate reconsideration of the de-regulation of the diesel prices by the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre and also the party in power in the state to pay serious attention towards deteriorating law and order situation in the state before it is too late.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only?
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part II
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part III
- Why do politicians show concern about Dalits during elections only? Part IV
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- US sanctions target Assad regime's arms, finance networks
- Bastille Day killer had help preparing Nice attack, says Paris prosecutor
- Another milestone for captain marvellous: Virat Kohli completes 3000 Test runs
- Brazil arrests 'amateur' group accused of Olympics terror plot
- Dreaded Maoist couple, three other ultras surrender in Odisha