Arunachal BJP condemns diesel price hike
Itanagar: The Arunachal Pradesh unit of BJP has strongly condemned the Centre’s decision to allow oil marketing companies to hike diesel prices from time to time as it will have a cascading effect on the prices of various essential commodities and goods in the local markets.
"It seems the Congress led UPA government is concerned about the welfare of the corporate sectors.
"The government, instead of providing relief, is increasing prices," BJP Arunachal Pradesh spokesperson Tai Tagak said in a statement today.
The UPA government has partially deregulated diesel prices by announcing that the price of the fuel would be decided by oil marketing companies.
Oil marketing companies announced an increase of 45 paise per litre in the price of diesel late Thursday evening effective midnight.
Tagak said that the raising of the cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from six to nine is a farce only.
"UPA government had announced that the Congress ruled states will provide three more subsidised cylinders in addition to six in September-October, last but the same has not been implemented in Arunachal Pradesh till date," Tagak said.
The BJP demanded immediate reconsideration of the de-regulation of the diesel prices by the Congress-led UPA government at the Centre and also the party in power in the state to pay serious attention towards deteriorating law and order situation in the state before it is too late.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- New IPL rules could see Chennai Super Kings lose MS Dhoni
- `Piku` hits jackpot, does Rs 100 crore business worldwide
- Anurag Kashyap to bid goodbye to India, settle in 'cinema-friendly' France!
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2, Chennai Super Kings vs Royal Challengers Bangalore: Preview
- Geelani's passport application incomplete, cannot be processed: MEA
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) TNBSE Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 declared
- CBSE Class X Results 2015 to be announced today?