Arunachal BJP lauds PM Narendra Modi`s border move
Itanagar: The BJP in Arunachal Pradesh on Thursday lauded Prime Minister Narendra Modi for bold and people`s friendly policy to strengthen the Sino-Indian border by fast tracking the road along the border and establishing 50 new ITBP Posts.
Modi had recently proposed infrastructure development along the Sino-Indian border including establishment of radar and telecommunication projects within 100 to 4,000 Km from the frontier.
Party spokesman Techi Necha, in a statement, expressed hope that the PM would strengthen the internal and external security of the country.
He said the party would launch its second leg of Sarhad Ko Pranam Yatra on the border of Myanamar and Bhutan to pay homage to the martyrs of 1962 Chinese aggression.
The party last year organised its first leg of the yatra on the Indo-Sino border.
Meanwhile, Necha claimed that there was a leadership crisis in the Congress party in the state.
In an apparent reference to re-nomination of the APCC president as the Congress party candidate for the lone Rajya Sabha seat in the state, Necha stated that ?the party seems to have been revolving around a single leader only.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources
- Roger Federer cleans court by removing bottles, towels left by other players